Maximize the power of your Brother® DTG printer by expanding the products that you can print on. The T-Lock Cap Platen Insert allows for the printing on most styles of unstructured and structured caps.
Expand the product offering to your customers by offering digitally printed caps on the Brother® DTG Printers. This easy-to-use cap platen system allows Brother® DTG users the ability to print on the front crown and most of the bill of most styles of caps. This cap platen works on all models of GT printers (GT-541, GT-782 and GT-3 series).
The Cap Platen Insert Kit includes the following items:
- Cap Platen Insert
- Large Riser (designed for unstructured caps)
- Small Riser (designed for structured caps)
- Accessories Kit (wing nuts and black clips)
Using the Cap Platen Insert:
Below are the steps for using the Cap Platen Insert with the T-Lock Base.
- Install the Cap Platen Insert and rotate the T-Lock Brackets.
- Insert the desired Riser (Large or Small) based on the type of cap being printed.
- If only the crown of the cap is being printed, insert the Spacer on the threaded inserts of the Riser being used.
- Used the included wing nuts to secure the Riser to the Cap Platen Insert.
- Flip down the sweat band on the inside of the cap.
- Pull the crown of the cap back to the riser till the sweat band catches under the lip of the riser.
- Secure the bill of the cap using the small black clips to the the Cap Platen Insert.
- Use the large black clips to lay the crown of the cap as flat as possible across the riser.
Purchase Cap Platen Insert:
Brother® DTG users can either use the T-Lock Platen Base from the T-Lock Platen Kit or purchase a complete T-Lock Cap Platen Kit.
Cap Platen Kit (includes T-Lock Platen Base)
Cap Platen Insert (no T-Lock Platen Base)
When printing on the Cap Platen Insert, it is recommended to use the artwork templates for CorelDraw (CDR file format), Photoshop (PSD file format) or as a PNG transparent file. To download the artwork templates, click here.